Thursday, July 13, 2006

Blueberry Cheese Coffeecake

I love cheesecake coffeecakes. Cream cheese adds an extra dimension to the ever-popular crumb cake - a smooth melt-on-the-tongue creaminess that comes from eating a real cheesecake. Throw in some fresh blueberries and you have a cake worthy of any occasion.

The cake is best served warm or at room temperature. It is moist and flavourful, bursting with juicy blueberries. The crumb topping is very complementary to the cake by adding a little bit of sweet crunch which finishes off the cake perfectly. There are three components to prepare for the cake - topping, cheese filling and cake but, if you give yourself enough time to assemble and bake it, you will be greatly rewarded. There is also a raspberry variation that, no doubt, would taste fantastic as well.

Recipe: Blueberry Cheese Coffeecake

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, no, I can not make this for dinner tonight or tomorrow. I can not. I can n...umm, well maybe...I do love blueberries.
That really does look so very good.

Canadian Baker said...

Thanks Tanna! It was pretty tasty. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! This looks so incredibly good. That ribbon of blueberry is just beautiful. Yum!

Canadian Baker said...

Jennifer - Thanks! I'm glad you posted becasue now I've found another great baking blog. :)