Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Muffins

One book that I've been reading about for quite some time on baking blogs is Dorie Greenspan's Baking From my Home to Yours. I've heard nothing but rave reviews so I finally bought it from Indigo.ca which, by the way, was much cheaper than buying it directly from Chapters.

This book is serious and heavy. Dorie writes with a friendly familiarity and the book is really gorgeous. The recipes are accessible and you can imagine yourself making them all. It's the perfect 'go to' book when you need something fabulous for any occasion.

Case in point are these Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Muffins. I have a friend who recently moved into the area so I made these for her. I didn't have to look long to find the perfect "Welcome to the Neighbourhood" treat since Breakfast Sweets is the first chapter. They're not too sweet and really chocolately. They're especially good warm when the chocolate chunks are still soft and melty.

So if you're in the market for a new baking book, check it out. You won't be disappointed.

Recipe: Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Muffins

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Delicious! I love chocolate muffins and can't wait to give these a try!

PG said...

Sounds and looks great. I've starred it to try it later.

Patricia Scarpin said...

Jen, that book is really good. And so are these muffins! They look so yummy.

Brilynn said...

I can't believe you just got this book! You'll love it!

Chou said...

Thanks for the review. I admit to never having heard of Dorie before this month, and I'm slowly realizing that my life must be, well, incomplete. At least according to the general food blogosphere.

Maggie M. said...

Yay muffins!

Mcwhisky said...

I am soooo gonna get this book! The muffins look great. Looking further to more posts of yours. Will definitely link you! =)

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Those look really good.