Thursday, August 07, 2008

Classic Banana Bundt Cake

Baking with bananas is something we all do whether we want to or not. I've done it a few times here on my blog and will probably continue to do so in the future. It can't be helped - I will always have ripe bananas in my freezer waiting to be mashed and turned into something delectable.

Case in point is this wonderful banana bundt cake. By using your basic pantry staples and some super-ripe bananas you too can create a perfect cake. It's moist and banana-y in just the right way. It reminds me of cakes that belong on the diner counter waiting to be sliced and distributed to hungry patrons. I, however, have not had the pleasure of growing up with diners and soda fountains but I imagine this cake would feel right at home under a glass dome.

To make this cake taste its best, you must use bananas so ripe they seem like liquid and can 'pour' out of their skin. I know this sounds unappetizing, but trust me, your tastebuds will be happy. So will anyone who eats this cake. It's the best banana cake I've made in ages.

Recipe: Classic Banana Bundt Cake

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bundt cake looks perfect!

Aimée said...

Thanks for this!! I think I've found the perfect cake for my son's birthday. I'm digging banana cake! mmm.

Katie said...

Mmmm love banana cake. The texture of yours looks wonderful, very moist and light.

Cakebrain said...

I love banana, bundts and cake. Plus, I have a dozen ripe bananas in my freezer screaming to be made into something yummy. This looks so perfect! Great looking bundt cake!

Sweet Treats by Dani said...

looks delicious :) i am craving banana now haha

darien said...

this has become my go to banana cake recipe. It is SO good, and my husband asks for it for his birthday. Great recipe! Thanks