Sunday, June 10, 2007

Orange Carrot Bundt Cake

The other evening I went to Starbucks with some friends. If you're familiar with this oh-so-popular coffee joint you'll have noticed they have an orange theme going on right now which includes an orange cream cake. I'm not sure this is the correct name but the cake tastes like a creamsicle popsicle. (Vanilla flavored ice cream on the inside with an orange sherbert flavored shell.) I told my friends I wanted to try and recreate it and they promptly reminded me that there was an orange cake on the cover of Canadian Living that looked yummy. I took the hint and gave it a go.

Just so you know, this cake tastes nothing like a creamsicle. It is a classic tea cake with a good crumb and pretty little flecks of orange from the carrots. The more assertive flavour is the orange and the carrot acts as a compliment to it. It doesn't taste like a typical carrot cake at all. The cake baked up in my oven in exactly an hour and once iced with the yummy tangy glaze, it sure was a sweet treat. Just one note, this cake sliced much cleaner the second day so baking it one day before you're going to eat it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Recipe: Orange Carrot Bundt Cake

12 comments:

Jannett said...

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Orange+Cream+Cake&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
I put in a search for the cake you are looking for. Found all these
hope it helps you out.

Love your site.
Hendria

Cheryl said...

Beautiful orange bundt cake. I love the flavor or orange in desserts. So clean.

Dolores said...

Beautiful!

Wondering how it would translate with zucchini and lime? Both of which runneth over in my kitchen right now...

Canadian Baker said...

Hendria - Thanks for you help!

Cheryl - I agree...citrus is refreshing. :)

CC - Thank you! If you try out the zucchini/lime version, let me know. It sounds equally as yummy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, this sounds like such a treat!

Big Boys Oven said...

It must have tasted yummy.

Aimée said...

Wow this looks good enough for a magazine cover! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Canadian Baker. I made the orange bundt cake and it was great! I have a small apartment sized stove/oven so it was baked after only forty five minutes. Thanks, Mark in Toronto

eatme_delicious said...

yum that looks good, as do the other things you bake! i just found your blog and added a link to it from my food blog, hope you don't mind. :) and i'm happy to see you're from canada too! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooh! How did I miss this??? It's gorgeous, Jen!

Glenna said...

Mmmmm...yum! Orange is one of my favorite flavors for bundt cake. Looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our world, and I am fairly certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further innovates, the possibility of transferring our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about every once in a while.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://cryst4lxbands.blog.com/2010/01/31/will-the-r4-or-r4i-work/]R4 SDHC[/url] DS SerVo)