Friday, January 04, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Bread

If you're looking for something easy to make with pumpkin puree, definitely think about making Pumpkin Chocolate Bread. It's quick, virtually mess-free and tasty!

I don't make quick breads as much as I used to. I like making them since you pour everything into a pan and forget about it for about an hour. The only thing that bothers me is that, because of the loaf's density, my crust always comes out looking a little more done than it should. It gives the overall deceiving appearance of being overdone while, in fact, its not.

This loaf was no exception. The exterior is dark and browned while the inside is moist, flavourful and studded with chocolate chips. They serve this loaf at Island Lake Lodge in B.C. to the delight of skiers. It's perfect on a cold winter's day with a hot drink to warm up after an afternoon of snowman building, sledding and snowballs.

Recipe: Pumpkin Chocolate Bread

4 comments:

Karolina Beaudet said...

I've never had chocolate and pumpkin together. Sounds delicious!!!

Chibog in Chief said...

i've never imagined that pumpkin will blend well with chocolate..this could be the best way to make kids eat their pumpkin...hehehe lovely, healthy and delicious creation!!

Dianne's Dishes said...

Pumpkin and chocolate! That looks amazing! I can't wait to try it. :)

Danielle said...

This look wonderful. I have a zucchini and chocolate bread I have recently become fond of and I must say that this pumpkin bread is now going to make an appearance at my home! Thanks SO much!