Saturday, March 18, 2006

Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Last night my sister had some friends over for a small get together. Everyone usually contributes to the food stash and we decided to make hot artichoke dip for something savoury and ultra yummy triple chocolate chunk cookies for the sweet.

This is another one of my favourite recipes and it comes from Wanda's Pie in the Sky. Milk, bittersweet and white chocolate are combined with pecans in a delicious brown sugar cookie dough. I made the chunks large because when they come out of the oven the chocolate melts in your mouth. The next day they are equally as good even with the firmed-up chocolate. Wanda writes that "this is a chocolate chip cookie all grown up". Well I agree, but don't be fooled - little kids love these too.

Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
3/4 cup milk chocolate chunks
3/4 cup white chocolate chunks
1 cup macadamia nuts

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Stir into the butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks and nuts. Using 1 1/4-inch ice cream scoop or tablespoon, drop the dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies are slightly raised in the centre and browned on the edges. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack to cool completely. Store in a tightly closed container for up to 4 days.
Makes 2 dozen 2-inch cookies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,

These cookies look delcious. I'm sure they'd be perfect with a cold glass of milk.

Thank you for reminding me what a great book Wanda's Pie in the Sky is ... I don't bake enough from that book!

nosheteria said...

Where all of the other guest's food as delicious as yours sound? Yum, these sound terrific.

Canadian Baker said...

Ivonne - The cookies are great with milk! I'm glad you're redicovering Wanda's....she's got lots of great treats in her book to make. I'm looking forward to see what you decide to try out. :)

Nosheteria - Well the rest of the food was of the store-bought variety but in the right setting Ruffles and ranch chip dip can taste divine, no? :) BTW, I love your name and your blog is *wow*. I'm adding it to my blogroll. Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I just made these to bring to work and everyone loved them. I used 1/2 white chocolate and 1/2 milk chocolate - no dark chocolate. Will definitely make again.